Position: Video Production/ Story Producer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Compensation: $65K + Negotiable Based on Experience
Bowstring Studios (www.bowstring.tv), a full-service video production studio specializing in branded entertainment, is seeking a creative, talented, organized and ambitious Producer, for immediate hire. The successful candidate will be someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and who is willing to meet new challenges with a “can do” spirit.
Our Producer is the logistical liaison within each project team, with the responsibility for scheduling and communicating all aspects of the shoot and post production to the clients, and internal company teams and crew.
This position reports to the Executive Producer but will work closely and collaboratively within the Production Department with existing team of staff Producers sharing resources, ideas, and experience.
Personality is important to our close-knit team, so we’re also looking for someone who is a team player, friendly, positive, proactive, organized and a confident problem-solver who thrives in a team atmosphere but also succeeds working independently when needed.
Major responsibilities for this position will include:
• Taking ownership of a project handling the various aspects of the production process from inception through post production and delivery. This includes managing timelines/meeting deadlines, logistics, working closely with clients, fulfilling creative briefs, and communicating with editors and graphic designers on post production requirements and deadlines.
• Collaborate closely with clients and internal creative directors on storylines, location and talent selection, while building shot lists by understanding the coverage the editor will need to build out scenes to tell the story.
• Ability to conduct pre-interviews over the phone as well as in-person on set/behind camera.
• Strong client management skills.
• On set location based filming experience leading shoots and working closely with clients, talent and team members.
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously in the varying stages of production.
• A flexible approach to their work day which includes re-prioritizing their own schedule and tasks throughout the day as client requests and feedback emerges.
• Strong time management skills.
• Develop production schedules based on client determined delivery dates.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Researching and planning shoot day logistics ahead of time.
• Collaborate with the production crew heads defining equipment needs.
• Assist with overall project budgeting.
• Experience working closely and communicating with Editors and Graphic Designers.
• Participate in Producer team meetings and reviewing current project status.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 5+ years of relevant video production, coordination, creative experience.
• Demonstrable portfolio of successful projects of varying size and type
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities simultaneously within a fast-paced setting.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision with great accuracy and efficiency
• Ability to travel 25% on average both domestically and internationally.
• An enthusiastic, supportive and flexible team player approach.
• A desire for continuous learning and improvement
Bowstring offers a competitive compensation package including salary, health and dental benefits, a paid time off bank, retirement plan with company match, profit sharing plan and flexible working hours.
Potential applicants should forward a cover letter including salary requirements, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Producer”. Please, no phone calls.