The Greater Philadelphia Film Office (GPFO) internship program is on-going and is organized within the Production and Marketing departments. Internships are unpaid but provides interns with relevant work experience in the film industry, in the areas of production and marketing, as it pertains to the duties of a film commission and an active production office.
Marketing & Production Internships
Compensation: Unpaid, College Credit Available
Requirements: Enrolled in a College or University; 16 hours per week minimum, with additional time required during the special events.
Reports To: Director of Business Development and Production Manager
Contact: Greater Philadelphia Film Office
The ideal candidate should be reliable and willing to commit a minimum of two days per week at the GPFO office in Center City Philadelphia. Preferred candidate has a professional presence, an interest in social media & marketing, is curious, creative and willing to take on projects in all departments. This is a great opportunity for those seeking hands-on experience to learn the nuances of marketing and administrative management for an organization that caters to the media production industry.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Assist with drafting and tracking official correspondence (event invitations and RSVP lists, emails, etc)
– Identifying niche markets and programming opportunities for special interest groups
– Maintaining contact lists to help cultivate working relationships between organizations
– Assisting in the creation and promotion of events, programming and membership opportunities
– Applying marketing savvy to web and social media opportunities
– Learning and excelling in the Reel Scout System™, a location/contact/project management system
– Location scouting for potential projects and keeping the database current
– Script Coverage, including synopsis and location breakdown
– Researching locations for scripts submitted to the Film Office
– Keeping Production/Scout calendar up to date for quick reference
– Use of Adobe Photoshop and video editing software is a plus.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
– The ability to multi-task and manage frequent interruptions patiently is essential to your success planning and organizational skills, creativity, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and patience are all useful skills for success.
– The ability to multi-task and manage frequent interruptions patiently is essential
– Willingness to perform administrative and clerical assignments
– Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events and filmmaker programs