The Greater Philadelphia Film Office (GPFO) internship program is on-going and is organized within the Production and Marketing departments. Internships are unpaid but provides interns with relevant work experience in the film industry, in the areas of production and marketing, as it pertains to the duties of a film commission and an active production office.
Compensation: Volunteer (for college credit)
Requirements: Enrolled in a college or university
Contact: Greater Philadelphia Film Office
Greater Philadelphia Film Office (GPFO) seeks college students for the coming Fall semester, 2-3 days/week. The candidate must be outgoing, confident, have an interest in film, and MUST have an adequate knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region’s history, culture and geography. GPFO is a “film commission” representing southeastern Pennsylvania that officially serves the counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia. GPFO, first established in 1985 as a part of Philadelphia city government, continues to reside within city offices. In 1992, we became a regional economic development agency, incorporating as the Greater Philadelphia Film Office, a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation, in July, 2000.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Capable of independent Internet research
- Strong writing skills
- Overall professional demeanor
- Learning and excelling in the Reel Scout System™, a location/contact/project management system
- Location scouting for potential projects and keeping the database current
- Maintaining the location database
- Script Coverage, including synopsis and location breakdown
- Researching locations for scripts submitted to the Film Office
- Keeping Production/Scout calendar up to date for quick reference
- General administrative support: file, organize, delivering outgoing mail and running operational errands
Preferred Equipment, but not necessary:
- Lap top
- Digital Camera
- General office tasks (ongoing, routine tasks).
- Post notices and events on film.org and GPFO social media accounts. Use proficiency and knowledge about latest trends in social networking to schedule postings via Hootsuite.
- Use of Adobe Photoshop and other design software to edit images, videos, and post online.
- Update Website Content & Photos.
- Research/Update mailing lists.
- Research prospects and organize data for advertising and economic impact statistics.
- Help with event logistics, set up, registration and follow up. Generate post event reports and surveys.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP in the Subject Line. NO phone calls.
GPFO hires marketing interns to assist the marketing director with the development and execution of the marketing plan. This is an unpaid internship, available for college credit. The ideal candidate should be reliable and willing to commit a minimum of two 10am – 4pm days per week at GPFO. Preferred candidate has a professional presence, an interest in social media, advertising & marketing, is curious and creative. This is a great opportunity for those seeking hands-on experience to learn the nuances of marketing for a non-profit organization that caters to the production industry.
Desired weekly commitment 12-24 hrs. Tasks and responsibilities include:
To apply for a Marketing internship, please email your resume and cover letter to our Director of Marketing & Multicultural Affairs, Amira Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.