The Greater Philadelphia Film Office (GPFO) internship program is on-going and is organized within the Production and Marketing departments. Internships are unpaid but allow interns a unique view into a film commission “behind, behind the scenes” and prepare them efficiently for work in a production office, marketing entry level job and beyond.
Please check our Job Hotline for listings on availability of production internships with GPFO.
GPFO hires marketing interns to assist the marketing director with the development and execution of the marketing plan. This is an unpaid internship, available for college credit. The ideal candidate should be reliable and willing to commit a minimum of two 10am – 4pm days per week at GPFO. Preferred candidate has a professional presence, an interest in social media, advertising & marketing, is curious and creative. This is a great opportunity for those seeking hands-on experience to learn the nuances of marketing for a non-profit organization that caters to the production industry.
Desired weekly commitment 12-24 hrs. Tasks and responsibilities include:
- General office tasks (ongoing, routine tasks).
- Post notices and events on film.org and GPFO social media accounts. Use proficiency and knowledge about latest trends in social networking to schedule postings via Hootsuite.
- Use of Adobe Photoshop and other design software to edit images, videos, and post online.
- Update Website Content & Photos.
- Research/Update mailing lists.
- Research prospects and organize data for advertising and economic impact statistics.
- Help with event logistics, set up, registration and follow up. Generate post event reports and surveys.
To apply for a Marketing internship, please email your resume and cover letter to our Director of Marketing & Multicultural Affairs, Amira Smith, at email@example.com.