The Arts + Business Council, as a Council of The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, supports individuals and institutions in finding and growing their creative advantage. ABC strengthens our creative sector, including arts, culture and for-profit creative businesses, by engaging the business legal and technology communities, providing capacity building services and serving as a thought leader and convener.
The Programs Assistant provides support for the organization’s programs, development and administrative needs. In addition to ensuring smooth and efficient operations within the organization, the Assistant will support ABC’s core programming, including coordination of program orientations and communicating with program participants, as well as supporting administrative needs for events. The Programs Assistant will also work closely with the Executive Director to execute on ABC’s revenue strategy including drafting grant applications and reports, invoicing/recording sponsorship agreements, and managing the fundraising and reporting calendar. Moreover, this position will provide general administrative and operational support for ABC’s team including data and systems oversight, scheduling for the Executive Director and for events, and assisting the team with stakeholder engagement. Finally, the Assistant will coordinate Advisory Board meetings and subcommittee activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Programming and Administrative
• Provide overall planning and logistical support for scheduled and special projects and events.
• Assist in the preparation and coordination of meetings and programs including agenda writing, minute-taking, photocopying, booking spaces, preparing and distributing materials and handling catering requests.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment
• Provide scheduling support for the Executive Director and for events and programs
• Other related duties as assigned
Operations and Systems Oversight
• Maintain current and accurate information in databases and client management systems
• Support ABC’s core programs and client services including client scheduling, coordination of program orientations, act as a liaison between ABC and The Chamber’s Program and Events team and communicating with program participants via phone and email
Grants and Sponsorship Support
• Draft grant and sponsorship proposals
• Draft grant and sponsorship reports
• Manage fundraising and grant reporting calendar and maintain and track sponsor lists
• Develop and maintain sponsorship database, including tracking prospects, outreach, and fulfillment
• Assist with quarterly sponsorship collection
Job Specifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter motivated by ABC’s mission of supporting a strong and vibrant creative economy. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, and experience in event planning and management is a plus. Strong knowledge of and extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce a plus. We seek candidates with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet programmatic needs. A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience in an office setting. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule and non-traditional working hours when required to support programs and events.
Working at the Chamber
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 85+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands On a standard workday, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and interacting with colleagues in internal meetings. However, on a regular basis, this role will be required to attend ABC events or related outside meetings that may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, persuasive writing sample of a minimum of 2 paragraphs written within the last year and the names/contact info of three professional references to upload with the application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be considered.