After 4 years of creating wildly imaginative entertainment in Orlando, Los Angeles, and New York, Pseudonym Productions has returned to Philadelphia to debut a series of revolutionary new immersive experiences. Under the artistic vision of designers who have developed world-class entertainment for Disney, Universal, and many more themed attractions, Pseudonym Productions will debut its first productions in Pennsylvania this Fall.
For the Philadelphia Fringe Festival, we will begin with a limited-run immersive experience that shares a name with Pseudonym’s company tagline: Question Reality. Inside, players (audience members) will embark on a journey into another realm – a vibrant world filled with intriguing characters and mysteries to discover. From there, every visitor will have the opportunity to explore and descend down endless rabbit holes to unearth new adventures.
For October: Pseudonym will debut a new immersive Halloween experience unlike any other. Throughout the month of October, players will enter a foreboding world of psychological thrills – where nothing is ever as it seems.
Pseudonym Productions aims to connect people together in meaningful, unexpected ways. We feel no different about bringing our cast of performers together. We celebrate inclusion and are committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate against race, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or any other articles of identity in our hiring practices. We enthusiastically encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for any open position. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with State and Local ordinances. All employment and casting decisions are based on available roles, qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are seeking actors of various types to fill 16 roles.
We are particularly interested in casting unique, adventurous people who have a great presence, positive attitude, and are open to embracing chaos.
Specifically, we are looking for all of the following:
1. Trained actors (traditional & improv)
2. Multi-talented haunters
3. Interesting performers of all kinds
We do have a few absolute requirements:
– Able to stay in character and be engaging throughout spoken interactions with guests
– Able to embody a character for the duration of an evening
– Take direction well, but able offer own take on character
– Learn and understand the story of our fictional world + character backstory
– Able to perform small scripted moments / scenes (depending on role)
– Improvisational abilities, can perform from bullet points / guidelines alone
– Flexibility to quickly adapt in an ever-changing experience
– Professional demeanor; able to stay upbeat and excited to perform
– Able to memorize and perform full scripted scenes
– Able to learn and perform multiple roles
– An intriguing presence / aura that makes people want to follow you
– A love for the strange and unusual
– Experience in immersive performances
Performers interesting in joining our immersive world must submit the following by the end of July 22nd.
After we have reviewed your submission, callback appointments will be made on an individual basis for those we are interested in meeting.
We will be holding in-person callbacks in Philadelphia on the following dates:
July 23rd & 24th, 5:30-8:30pm
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
– Full Name
– Phone Number
– Headshot & Resume (Please provide a full body shot)
Roles will vary from 4 to 10 rehearsal dates, to take place in August and September.
(exact dates to be determined based on performers’ availability, likely on weeknights and/or weekends.)
FRINGE PERFORMANCE DATES
September 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15, 2019
Call Time: 6:00pm
First Player Entry Time: 7:00pm
Players enter every 30 minutes for continuous performances through 9:30pm.
HALLOWEEN PERFORMANCE DATES
October 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31.
November 1, 2.
Call Time: 6:30pm
Performance time: 7:30pm – 12:30am (with ample breaks)
(Exact times are subject to change.)
– Stipends for rehearsal will range from $100 – $500.
PERFORMANCES – FRINGE & HALLOWEEN
– Pay ranges from $1,500 – $3,250 for the run, depending on the role and commitment.
(This is roughly $75 – $125 per performance.)
We would ideally like performers who are available for the full run of 20 Halloween nights + 5 Fringe nights. We are open to performers who can share the role with 1-2 others. Compensation will be adjusted accordingly for shared roles.