The Red Rose Film Festival (RRFF) is dedicated to the enrichment of the community through the promotion of independent films. This film festival is devoted to economic development of the
The Red Rose Film Festival (RRFF) is dedicated to the enrichment of the community through the promotion of independent films. This film festival is devoted to economic development of the region, celebration of the arts, growing tourism and education. RRFF recognizes the many voices of filmmakers across the planet, and it celebrates their perspectives, cultures and visions.
1. This is a film festival for everyone. We will have films from various genres, including documentaries, shorts, and feature-length narratives, and all our venues are located a short walk from one another in downtown Lancaster.
2. Our goals are simple: we want to celebrate the arts, the visions of filmmakers from across the globe, and the cinematic community; we want to encourage tourism and economic development in the region; and we want to promote education about the film industry, particularly for those looking for careers outside of acting.
3. The community has really done a tremendous job already supporting us. Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster is our Executive Producer sponsor, and we have dozens of local businesses, organizations and non-profit groups who have donated their time, money and expertise to getting RRFF off the ground.
4. We have films coming in from across the U.S., as well as countries like Australia, Canada, Spain, Israel and Iran. For those looking to help the filmmakers directly, check out our GoFundMe page, which can also be found on our website. Proceeds from those donations go toward helping filmmakers around the world with travel and lodging costs.
5. We are still accepting submissions through August 2, especially submissions from students and local filmmakers. Information about submissions, as well as volunteer information and tickets, can be found at our website, redrosefilmfestival.com.
6. RRFF is sponsoring a series of events this summer. In June, we partnered with Lancaster Pride and Zoetropolis to screen the film Before Stonewall and held a silent auction to benefit Lancaster Pride. Each Wednesday, beginning August 7, we’re teaming up with Penn Cinema and local leaders for a free film series covering a variety of topics. We have plenty of attractions leading up to our big inaugural weekend on November 1-3!
1 (Friday) 10:00 am - 3 (Sunday) 2:00 pm
Comments are closed.